Welcome to the WSDS Lending Library
Our lending library is open to residents of Washington State who are family members of, or professionals working with, children and young adults aged birth to 21 with hearing loss, visual impairment, or dual sensory loss (deaf-blindness). It contains books, videos (both VHS and DVD formats), and curriculums on a variety of topics—most relating to sensory disabilities, but also on topics such as parenting and early childhood development.
To begin using the library please read the guidelines below. You may now browse our entire catalog or start by typing key words (e.g., “curriculum” or “communication”) in the search field. When you find what you are looking for, fill out all appropriate fields in the checkout form and submit your request. (If you don’t find what you’re looking for, let us know. It might be a resource we’ll want to order.)
We will process your request and mail items to you within two working days if they are currently available. If items requested are already on loan we will notify you via email when they become available. See guidelines below for checking out items.
Guidelines for requesting WSDS lending library materials
- Identify if you are a “family member/caregiver” or a “professional” working with a child/teen/young adult with a sensory disability.
- Provide your full name, complete home address, or name of school district/agency, mailing address, plus your daytime phone number, and best e-mail address.
- Choose the item number(s) and titles of materials you wish to borrow, up to 4 items per checkout.
- Agree to accept responsibility for replacing damaged or lost materials.
- Agree to return videotapes or DVDs in suitable (bubble or padded) envelopes to protect from damage in shipping, and to pay return shipping/postage costs for all items.
- Return all borrowed items on or before the due date (generally, one month after borrow date). If you would like to request an extension on the due date, contact Irene Fournier using our Contact Us form, or by phone (425) 917-7837 (or) 1-800-572-7000.
Lost or Damaged Items
We expect library materials—books, DVDs, and VHS videotapes-to be returned in the same condition they were in when they were checked out. People who lose items or return them in a damaged condition may be charged a replacement fee. Thank you for taking care of our library materials.
The WSDS Lending Library is supported by grants from Early Support for Infants & Toddlers (Department of Early Learning) and Office of Superintendent for Public Instruction (OSPI), Special Services. Our resources represent a range of educational approaches and philosophies. The statements, comments, or opinions expressed in available resources are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for them, and do not necessarily represent the views of Washington Sensory Disabilities Services.